Looking to get the most out of your Feng Shui efforts? Take these factors into consideration when implementing your cures:
1) You are intimately connected to your home or office's energy, so follow your intuition when making changes. If you clue into how your space feels, you'll get a good idea about what needs work, how you're going to fix those problem areas, and the best time to make the changes. When you notice particularly pleasant or discordant feelings pop up, make note of them and act accordingly. In general, the sooner you act on your feelings the better. When you know something needs to be changed or enhanced, acting within a couple of days is generally better than waiting around for the problem to fix itself.
2) Track the effects of your cures. If you implement Feng Shui with specific goals in mind (such as stimulating your love life) than make sure that those goals are being met after you implement a change to your environment. Pay attention to how you feel in that area of your life, how you are now acting, and what you are now appealing. If you are getting your desired results, stick with the cure and consider enhancing it. Even a little bit of progress means you are doing something right, so feel encouraged even if the results do not come in as fast as you'd like. If you are not getting your desired results, try and figure out what is not working and implementing a new cure.
3) Keep the specifics of your desired results to yourself. By keeping the specifics of your cures and what you hope to implement with them to yourself, you make sure that you keep the cure's energy within your life and you do not spread it around. It's fine to tell people that you're playing with Feng Shui and to discuss the matter impersonally, but explaining the details of your cures and what you wish to fix with them will drain the cure of its power.
4) Never stop considering and implementing Feng Shui. Just as your life and your goals are fluid and ever changing, so should your cures. While it would be nice if we could just implement one major Feng Shui overhaul and rest assured that all our ever-changing needs are going to be met for all time, that's just not how the practice works. Every time you either need a change in your life or realize that you've been lax in your practice, you need to implement cures and improvements in your environment.
5) Take concrete and continuous action towards your goals. Feng Shui is not a genie waiting to grant your every wish- Fen Shui is a practice of optimizing your environments energetic potential to help support and enhance what you are working toward in your life. After all, no esoteric practice will make you wealthy if you simply sit around in your underwear playing X-Box all day. If you do not work intelligently and diligently to your goals, even the best Feng Shui will just be soil without a seed.