Feng Shui is the art of attaining equilibrium between the forces of good and evil, the Yin and Yang. It is an ancient system that the Chinese have been practicing since the olden days and it has been adopted in many non-Chinese cultures as well. According to this philosophy the positioning and arrangement in a room can have a positive or negative effect on a person's health and wealth. Here are five tips to enhance good energy (Chi) flow in our homes.
- The front door should always have a clear path. Do not put objects in front because this will block good energy or Chi and prevent it from flowing into your home.
- If your front door is positioned directly in front of a window, put a screen or some furniture in between them to prevent good energy from flowing out right away.
- Throw open your curtains and windows everyday to permit fresh morning air and sunshine to come in. Windows that are permanently closed will not allow good Chi to flow in. Open windows are also good for your health because they allow us to breath in fresh air daily. Vacant bedrooms should not left in the dark for a lengthy period of time because this will permit bad Chi to linger.
- You should never place plants with thorns such as cactuses inside your home. Instead, decorate your house with round leafed plants, crystals and wind chimes. All these are said to be auspicious and will invite good Chi to come into your home.
- Place a fountain or aquarium inside your house. Water joins good Chi. The best position to place this is in front of the door to invite good energy in. Placing it south-east is said to bring you wealth, east for health, south-west for good luck in marriage, west for friends, north-east for education and north for career enhancement.