Pantone's early announcement of “Greenery” as the color of the year for 2017 is within the full range of Feng Shui properties. It tells us all about the wood element which isoted in anything that grows.
Greenery, not just green, is all-encompassing and inclusive. It speaks of early spring and new beginnings and looks to the sun rising in the east. Wood, ie vegetation, comes in all shades of green, yet Greenery has the breath of freshness and health. Greenery is lush and bright as it pops with early buds fed by winter water's long gestation.
Greenery is germane to nature in global dimensions, striving higher with rising energy and reaching out with new tendrils. As a role model, Greenery has a lot to say about connectedness and flexibility. It will find its path around obstacles in a loving ambiance, and yet, in excess, it could become a deadly chokehold.
In Feng Shui we love Greenery as a metaphor for motivation and decision-making with firm leadership and work-related orientation. Therefore, as we move into the New Year during the darkness of winter yin, we plant the seed for happy yang with the birth of Greenery. There are many way to celebrate Greenery, and we would like to share our Feng Shui tips to get you going on a green path:
• Be aware of all the “re” words, ie refresh, renew, regenerate, rework, renovate etc.
• Research the benefits of Greenery!
• A vista into greenery and nature is associated with healing in the medical sciences.
Caution though! Do not overdue! Excessive Greenery could mean excess growth as in cancer.
• Introduce Greenery into dietary habits and enrich your menus with sprouts and leafy greens!
• Get a quick boost of energy with green juice and green soup!
• Plants and greenery are household aids as they clean toxins from the air. Extensive research has been done on this by NASA.
• Give your olfactory sensors a kick with herbal scents, and give your space aromatic freshness with Greenery!
• Greenery allows for variety and diversity with the easy care of variegated philodendrons, the bright green of sweet potato vines, and the productivity of spider plants.
• In the productive cycle of the elements water feeds wood, then do not neglect your Greenery but maintain freshness with water!
• Remember, where attention goes, energy flows.
• Finally, do not forget the color of money, the wealth corner, and the coin-shaped petals of a jade plant!
With Greenery, Pantone sparked renewed interest in a trend that has been growing in recent years with green roofs and mini parks. Gardens and farmer's markets are popular, and green walls are the latest craze in design. Chinese insights and forecasts for the New Year remind us that Greenery resonates with the Dragon energy that feeds the Fire Rooster of 2017.