Feng Shui is the art and science of adding, subtracting and rearranging things in order to attract positivity, prosperity and peace into your life. It is based on the principle of balancing the Yin and the Yang or matter and energy to create a very positive environment.
Here are a few basic Feng Shui steps that can help you lead a more fulfilling life.
- While choosing a sofa for your living room, choose earthy colors and avoid red. Red creates negative energy and can leave to anger, hatred and ill-feeling in the home.
- Never place furniture in the living room, so as to block the doorway. You will be blocking new opportunities, wealth and prosperity into your home.
- It's advisable to use wood and metal furniture in the living room as wood represent growth and metal representations strength and power.
- In Feng Shui, windows are the eye of the home. They have to be closed only with clear glass. Otherwise, clarity of vision will not be gained by those staying inside the home.
- Never have a mirror by your bed. The reflection will invite negative energy into your life.
- Use light colors in your bedroom. These colors help you get a more relaxed sleep.
- Always place the headboard against the wall. Use blue for bedspreads, bedroom curtains and cushions. It's a Yin color and promotions relaxation.
- Black is the color of wealth and income. You can use it in an office atmosphere or in your office room at home to promote financial prosperity.
- Feng Shui advises against clutter anywhere in the home. Clutter invites negative energy and ruins peace, quiet and happiness.
Feng Shui is all about balancing to get maximum benefit. When you're home is well-balanced, the Universe blesses you with peace, prosperity and contentment.